We have some exciting news to share with members.
The RC Melbourne has now been officially invited to bid to host the Rotary International Convention in the period 2023-25. This is a big deal.
- It recognises Melbourne as a major presence in the global world of Rotary.
- It showcases our capacity as a City and Club to host a very large scale event.
- It will be the largest convention to be held in Melbourne, at least since the previous RI Convention we hosted in 1993.
- We have the backing and logistic support of the Melbourne Convention Bureau who are helping us put the bid together.
- It comes after 18 months of exploration by our R100 team with support from multiple global and district Rotary leaders.
What's next? formal bid will be lodged early in 2017, followed by visits from the selection panel and a decision will be announced in October 2018.
We know that we are in a strong position to win and deliver a magnificent Convention that we can all be proud of.